Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mom's in town!

Woo! My mom flew into HK yesterday, and will be here with me for a whole 9 days..so exciting! I worked out a deal with the agency and she is living with me in my apartment for the equivalent of $18 US dollars a night. SO CHEAP.

We went out and played in Lan Kwai Fong last night, the area with tons of bars and clubs. We might have had a bit too much fun ;). I had such good pictures to post, but I'm an idiot and forgot to put the memory card in my camera. Ugh. Sooo I'll have to wait to see if I can get those up, but they might be best unseen haha.

Today we went to Mon Kok, which is a HUGE outdoor street market selling all cheap stuff made in China of course. It's like China Town in NYC on steroids, except everything is even LESS expensive. You can buy anything from counterfeit bags and watches, jewelry, scarves, trinkets, clothing, shoes and a whole bunch of other junk that you probably don't need. Bargaining with the vendors is half the fun; they can be so aggressive!

We wandered and found a couple of cool hole in the wall places to eat; we're eating like the locals. Rachel you would starve over here! But anyone who is adventurous with food and likes Chinese would absolutely love it.

I'll get some pictures of us floating around the city up here soon!!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

So, are you saying it was something along the lines of "Moms Gone Wild"? Sam, you need to get the pics up ASAP.