Saturday, November 22, 2008

Toothpaste Casting Experience

So it's not uncommon to be asked to do crazy things on castings. I had a casting for a toothpaste commercial the other day that was completely ridiculous.

I assumed that I would probably just have to smile cheesily into the camera, pretend to brush my teeth...whatever, nothing too complicated. I was WRONG WRONG WRONG.

So I get there, and they hand me a leotard and tights to put on. Oh no. So they call me in and ask me if I know how to dance ballet. Sure I can, I lie. (That's casting rule number 1: Always say you can, even if you can't. If you say you can't then there's not even a CHANCE you'll get the job).

They turn on the camera and tell me to go ahead, and of course to smile while dancing because this is for a toothpaste commercial after all. So I proceed to leap and twirl and spin, and try to look as graceful as possible while trying to keep a smile on my face...this was NOT easy. Everyone who knows me knows that I am NOT graceful; in fact, I'm pretty clumsy most of the time (hello, I walked head first into a pole in Boston that one weekend, right girls ;) haha). I looked like an absolute mess; I'm a model, not a ballerina! So when I finished, the lady taking the video looked a bit on the stunned side, thanked me, and I left.

I am obviously not holding my breath for this job, and I am still a bit troubled that there is a video of this whole disaster caught on film for eternity. I'm sure whoever is doing the casting will get a good laugh after my tape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god, i would LOVE to see this tape. sounds horrific. this is rachel by the way, i forgot my password so i think ill just post anonymously

LadyBug8351 said...

I really think you should get a copy of that tape...I don't know how, but you should. Or we should recreate it when you get back.