Friday, November 14, 2008

Shoes in Asia

I'd like to take this opportunity to bitch...about shoes. Are you coming to Asia? Do you have big feet? (And by "big" I mean size 9 and above, so not really that big). If yes, then you better make sure you pack a great variety to last your whole trip because GOOD freaking LUCK finding your size here.

There are tons of random shoe stands lining the streets all over the place, and they never have large sizes because the people here have such tiny feet! The largest size they usually have is a 39, which is NOT as large as a European 39. So I take a size 40, meaning here I need a 41. Forget about it; they laugh when I ask them if by some miracle they happen to have my size. This drives me absolutely crazy. That is all.

/rant.

5 comments:

LadyBug8351 said...

So basically if Rebby and I were there, we would be in shoe heaven? And Rebby's mom would probably kill her for the pile of shoes she would bring home? lol

Barbara said...

I can attest to the fact that "big footed" girls will find no shoes in Hong Kong. It got to be a joke after a while. You go into a store and instead of asking for your size, you just yell out "what's the largest size you have?" You will probably leave with nothing if you wear anything over an Asian size 40!!

Sam said...

christina...oh yeah..you and rebby would go CRAZY with shoes! On the streets they are super cheap shoes though, made in China (obv) etc, but they are often SO CUTE and SO INEXPENSIVE, and it drives me crazy that I can't buy them.

Deborah said...

I guess Lauren would be SOL in a big way with those US size 11/12 feet!

Sam said...

haha Deb oh yes, Lauren would have absolutely no chance of shoes here. It's crazy!